http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Office Space

I saw this movie again yesterday. Last time I saw it I was in university and not yet working. It was funny at that time, but now I'm part of the working class, it's even more funnier. I can relate a lot to Peter who sits there in his cubicle feeling all depressed and unmotivated. When he was interviewed by Bob & Bob - the consultants - Peter said that he stares at his desk for about an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Exactly like me (well, I don't stare, I browse the web). I think every worker in a dead-end job wants to be like Peter, suddenly waking up and not caring about work at all. And of course being able to date Jennifer Aniston.

When it first came out, this movie didn't do well at the box office. But now it has become a cult movie. Everyone should watch this movie when they start feeling depressed about their work. It is exactly like the real world. Mike Judge is a genius. After all, it was him who came up with Beavis & Butt-head.

I'll watch it again soon. Office Space and The Office. Now that will be really fun!


Now for something else. On UEFA's website you can vote for the 50 best European players of the last 50 years. I've put in my vote (Cruijff, van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Koeman, Zidane, Beckenbauer, Maldini, di Stefano, Puskas, etc). But now I think of it, it will be one of the old players who will win the vote. Why? Because if the average voter is like me, then I don't know half the nominees for the old players (you have to pick 10 players per decade), so you end up picking the one you heard about. But when coming to current players, everyone will know the nominees and they will start picking their favorite. So I wouldn't be surprised if Cruijff or Beckenbauer or Puskas or Di Stefano wins it. Just vote...


I'm still feeling a bit under the weather. I hope I didn't make the wrong decision yesterday by staying in and not going out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home