http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Saturday, November 29, 2003

Hey Mr. DJ!


Played my first 'real' gig last night. It was a blast. At least from what I saw. Everybody jumping around, going 'woo-hoo'. Almost every song someone comes up to me saying something like "You da man!", "Cool!!", showing thumbs up, or "Do you have Sean Paul?' (my answer to the last one was "go upstairs").

Started of with Basement Jaxx' Romeo, ended it with Salif Keita's Madan. In between there was Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Happy Mondays, MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Blur, EMF, Nirvana, The Cure, Duran Duran, Michael Jackson. The closest thing I came to current music was Justin Timberlake's Rock Your Body. I just played good songs you never hear ever in a club here. Maybe that's why they were all flipping out (either that or the alcohol... hmmm, now I think about it, it might have been the alcohol instead of me... oh well).

Hopefully I can play gigs like this again. I loved it. Getting the energy from the crowd is what drove me and what kept me going. I guess I'm a performer after all.

"You're the man!" (in a scottish accent)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home