http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Friday, November 21, 2003

Thank God It's Friday


Random rants on a friday.

I'm tired, it's friday, and my boss is not here. SO I'm basically just sitting here pretending to be working when in fact I won't be doing anything today. Somewhere in the back of my mind I vaguely remember that I have to do something, but I cannot remember what exactly. Oh well, though luck. I don't care. I can always claim "I forgot, it's friday anyway.".

Found this funny site about the end of the world.

I haven't got time to rest ever since I came back from amsterdam. Flew in monday night. Tuesday went to a meeting for the tournament. Wednesday was HOLLAND vs scotland. Thursdays, frisbee and beer at Bar du Nord. Today, birthday dinner & drinks. Tomorrow, mez' birthday party (at which I am guaranteed to be wasted). Sunday, talks off going to Verbier for some serious snowboarding. Monday, back to work with huge muscle pain and still nursing a hangover I presume. Oh well, that's just my life I guess...

It's getting close to Christmas and lots of artists are cashing in by issuing a "best of" album. Why can they not make proper albums? "Best of" albums doesn't feel right. it's nice to singalong and stuff, but you won't get the overall feel of an album, the emotion, the timeframe, etc. I did buy some "best of" albums though. Don't know why. And if you are wondering how many acts came up with a "best of" for this christmas, here's a small list: R.E.M, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Suede, Stone Temple Pilots, Pet Shop Boys, Celine Dion, Patrick Bruel, Michael Jackson, etc etc. Take Red Hot Chili Peppers' Greatest Hits for instance. I own almost every song on the album, so why should I buy it for the extra 4 songs? I did buy it though, for the extra DVD that came with it, hahahahahaa. Pop-culture victim, I am.

For the first time, somebody thought I grew up in the US. Weird. I was talking to this girl about MTV Cribs and pop culture in general, and she concluded that I must've grew up somewhere in the States. Luckily I was a bit drunk so I didn't take offence. Any other time and I might have taken offence. I'm european by heart and mind, asian by skin. I don't have any American accent (don't know what kind of accent I have anyways), only been there once, and I watch/love/understand real football (soccer for you yanks). Oh well, it was probably bound to happen sometime...

McDonald's or Burger King for lunch today?? hmmmmm... (the choice has been made and I had lunch in the latter. just because i was craving onion rings)

Going back to Holland, if I was coach this would be my ideal starting line-up for the moment: Edwin van der Sar, Michael Reiziger, Jaap Stam, Wilfried Bouma, Philip Cocu, Edgar Davids, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart, Andy van der Meyde, Arjen Robben, Patrick Kluivert. But I'm not the coach, just like the other 15million fans.

I bought John McEnroe's autobiography, Serious. Sometimes biographies interest me, especially if it is someone famous that I can relate to. John McEnroe is definitely somebody like that. He was one of the first rock n roll tennis player. His reputation of a big (and bad) mouth was matched with his achievements on the court (unlike Anna Kournikova, but hey, who cares?). So I thought that this book might be an interesting read.

Have I ranted enough today? I think so...

"So where in the US did you grow up?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home