http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Yesterday while sitting with the Greek Bros at our usual hangout place, "Pax Americana" came into our discussion. Basically, my mate read a document called "Rebuilding America's Defense: Strategies, Forces and Resources For A New Century". He said that it was pretty scary stuff.

So today at work I scoured the internet and found some articles. One from The Sunday Herald (Scotland) explaining what was in the document. It was written by Rumsfeld, Cheney, Jeb Bush, Wolfowitz and Libby. Familiar names? Of course they are. These people are the think thank behind a "puppet" named George W. Bush.

Here's another article from antiwar.com complete with links to the original document in pdf format. Here the author tries to take the scary bits and pieces.

On first glance, this RAD document looks like a vision of a megalomaniac that you only find in Hollywood movies. Then after reading the author's names, you realize that this thing is for real. And then knowing what position and how much influence these people have, it becomes scary. I just hope a good Democrat candidate comes up for the next election, otherwise the whole world will be in deep trouble.

Michael Moore said it best in his Oscar-winning documentary Bowling for Columbine that America's culture is based on fear. They are afraid of everything, to the point it becomes paranoia. Compare this to Europe or even Canada, where people are more laidback. No wonder when scared people get power, the first thing they do is make sure that other ones won't challenge them. Don't they learn anything from Yoda?

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Ah what the hell am I talking about? I don't know anything about politics anyway. If I lived in America, I probably won't vote. Except if I live in California, I would've voted for Larry Flynt. Or at least Gary Coleman. Why vote when I don't have an option that I like?

I think I've gone too far into politics with today's rant...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home