http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Relax


I needed some rest yesterday. Just to chill and relax at home. It's a monday thing for me, especially after last week. Tuesday out for drinks, Wednesday out for drinks, Thursday out for drinks, Friday party and wasted, Saturday dinner and high, Sunday Lamb and tired. So monday chill and relax seems to be the order. I rented a DVD, Head of State, smoked a spliff and had some G&T. At 11 I was asleep. I still woke up tired though, but that is more a morning habit.

I bought Uncut, because I haven't received my usual mags for this month (Q and F1Racing). There's an interesting article about Josh Rouse. I like his music and it seems that his latest album is actually a story. I think I should pay more attention to lyrics. I don't really like Uncut, it's a bit too "old" for me. Uncut goes more into folk rock / 70s than pop, although it is still readable. I just have to choose which editions to read. Too bad I missed out on the October issue about The Joshua Tree.

Blogging is actually quite fun. It's a place to store all my random rants. If I look around, there are many blogs out there. Some are just like mine, just random rants about anything. Then there are the blogs who compile news and put it there so you don't have to search for news. Then you got the entertaining blogs and also weird blogs. I've added a comment link so that anyone other than me who reads this blog can leave some words. Although I doubt that there are other people reading this blog.

The weather is getting colder. The last two days it's been around freezing point, even during the day. How am I supposed to play football tomorrow? I hope it snows soon, cause if all goes well we wanna go up the mountain on saturday. Can't wait to be on my snowboard.

Tonight: Club Brugge vs AJAX. If Ajax wins, they will go through to the knock-out stages. If Ajax loses they won't. If they draw, then it depends on the other game. In case of draw, Ajax will go through if Celta Vigo either wins or draws Milan. In any case, it's pretty straight forward. They just have to go out and win it!

As I wondered on the internet today, I found an interesting article called Constants by Chris Balfe. Although I lost respect for this person for what he did a while ago, his articles are still great. In this one he talks about music and comparing it to F1. But if you don't like F1, it's still a good read about the music. Earlier on I was checking out Vanilla Ice and I found a quote saying "proof that people will buy anything as long as it's on MTV". Is music heading that way? Fortunately for me, I prefer to have Q judge the music instead of MTV. But millions of clueless people out there are falling into this trap. They don't know what good music is anymore, all they know is what's on MTV. Which usually is bad music. I guess it's up to me to "guide" young people to good music. Although it is still a dream of mine to be on MTV.

Damn, I'm ranting a lot today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home