http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Thursday, December 18, 2003

UEFA Team of the Year


I just cast my votes for UEFA's team of the year. From the 60 nominees, this is my team:

Keeper: Francesco Toldo (Inter/Italy)
Right Back: Hatem Trabelsi (Ajax/Tunisia)
Centre Defense: Cristian Chivu (AS Roma/Romania)
Centre Defense: Jaap Stam (Lazio/Netherlands)
Left Back: John O'Shea (Man Utd/Ireland)
Right Midfield: Andy van der Meyde (Inter/Netherlands)
Centre Midfield: Edgar Davids (Juventus/Netherlands)
Attacking Midfield: Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid/France)
Left Midfield: Rafael van der Vaart (Ajax/Netherlands)
Forward: Ruud van Nistelrooy (Man Utd/Netherlands)
Forward: Roy Makaay (Bayern Munchen/Netherlands)
Coach: Martin O'Neill (Celtic/Northern Ireland)

Hmmmm... Six Dutch players, two current Ajax players, three ex-Ajax players. Am I biased? (the answer is: of course I am!). And why do they insist on playing 4-4-2? I always prefer 4-3-3.

All that while listening to Rufus Wainwright's Want One. Lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home