http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Sunday, January 04, 2004

The Final Sunday


Tomorrow is monday. I'm sure about that because I will have to go to work again. I've been off for two weeks and almost every day felt like sunday. Imagine having 12 sundays in a row. I mean, with Christmas and New Year's Day, it really feels like sundays. I don't know whether to go out anymore at night, and if I do go out, I don't know what is open. Everybody I know was having time off from work, and everybody didn't know what to do. I did went to Paris to fill some time (and spend some money) but even there it was like a series of sundays. I went snowboarding a couple of times, which usually is done on sundays. So deep down inside I am happy that I have to go to work again. Not because I miss work - no I still loathe it - it's just with work my weekly rhythm will get going again. It's more healthy when there is a pattern for living.

Anyway, in Paris I went to the Louvre. It's one of the few times I actually been inside a proper museum. I was pretty impressed with all the art inside. From the sculptures and paintings, I understand that Italians have something about the naked body. There even was a statue of a guy playing baseball naked. Can't really understand why that is so artful... Then there was the Mona Lisa. Guarded heavily. It scares me a bit, because the eyes were following me, but maybe that is the point of it. Our conclusion is that Leonardo Da Vinci has a big left AND right brain. I mean the guy was an inventor and an artist at the same time. Almost never happens. But Montmartre is always lovely.

"non, je peux pas, je pas de temps"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home