http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Friday, January 16, 2004

Friday Rants


Went to the CD store during lunch and ended up with The Rapture and Kyo. I think this is the first time I bought real French music. Real as in it uses French. Not counting Daft Punk, Air, and Phoenix of course. The reason I bought it is because their songs are on MTV all the time. Sort of gets in my head. Kyo's music is simple, typical rock-pop. Like Evanescensce but with a Backstreet Boy on vocal. If you are curious, just try it.

Check out John O'Farrell's latest column in the Guardian about the red planet. He's really funny, like a British Dave Barry (although he probably won't like the comparison).

Not sure what to do this weekend. Well, actually not sure what to do tonight. Tomorrow night there are a couple of birthday celebrations to go to. Maybe tonight I'll just hang out at my local cafe and play some music. Although I'm not in the mood for DJing. But we'll see.

A member of my old band is getting married tomorrow. Out of the 5, 2 are married (drummer and guitarist), 1 is going to tomorrow (the male vocalist), 1 has plans to do so (the female vocalist), while the other one (me) is still an eligible bachelor. We all hung out together and played music during university years, so it's kind of weird that everybody is getting on with their lives. Although it was predicted that out of the 5, I was always going to be the last one to get married anyway.

Fuck, just realised I made a huge mistake at work. Oh well, c'est la vie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home