http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

In the Snow


What an adventure! Started friday night, ended Tuesday noon. Friday me and some mates headed to Verbier for a skiing/snowboarding weekend. Had a nice chalet and went out that night drinking and clubbing. Totally wasted and came in at 5. Fortunately the alarm didn't work so I didn't have to go snowboarding with a hangover. I managed to board from 1 to 5 on Saturday and it was da bomb! The snow was really nice, as well as the track. After that 2 pints of beer. Then some fondue, finished of with drinks and another club. Too bad I was a bit tired so I wasn't really up for it.

Sunday morning drove off to Milan via Grand St. Bernard. It snowed on Saturday, making my exit from Verbier a bit cautious. But some snowchains and nice weather ensured a nice and safe ride to Milan where I met up with me cousin. Walked around a bit and prepared for the next day. Monday drove to Maranello to attend the Ferrari presentation. Story about that some other time. Finished at 3, dropped me cousin off at Milan at 1830 and homebound I am. At least I thought I was.

It started snowing and by the time I got close to Aosta, the road was filled with snow. Normally with winter tyres it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm using summer tyres. Which is like walking on ice. I did put on my chains but driving on the highway is just useless. Especially at night. So before reaching Mont Blanc I just took an exit and checked in to the closest hotel. I stayed the night, woke up, called the office, and drove off. At this time all the snow was cleared from the road and I made it home sound and safely. With a chf 100 fine because I went into a wrong road 1 km away from my home.

Who would have thought snow can cause so much fun and so much trouble?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home