http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, February 16, 2004

Happy Valentine's Day


It was a busy and tiring weekend for me and I didn't have time to log on and rant about Valentine's Day. Although I did enjoy this Valentine's Day. If Valentine's Day is February 14th then this is what happened:

00.01. I am in Verbier, in the pub having my Vodka RedBull. I'm with my friends sitting in a table with other people. Apparantly I look familiar to one of the girls sitting there but she can't figure out from where. I know for sure that she hasn't seen me anywhere but I just play along.

01.00. We're moving from the pub to the club. To our eternal satisfaction, some guys behind us in the queue tries to enter before us claiming that they have a table. The bouncer looks at them and says "yes, but these guys came first". Hah! Take that you bunch of show offs! We get in first. Again in the cloakroom these fools try to get in before us and again the bouncer is telling them to wait for us. Hahahahahahhaha! That really makes our evening.

04.00. Time to leave. It's only me and a friend, the others have left earlier. We walk out and look for some food. We find the "croissant window" which looks like a drug dealer. Some croissants, some pain au chocolat and a delices au jambon. Nice! Walking back while eating and a bit drunk, we manage to get in bed at 04.30.

08.30. "HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!". My friend is screaming trying to wake us up. I have a slight headache and still want to sleep longer. Somehow I got out of bed and onto the breakfast table but inside I am still sleeping. I need some sleep...

10.30. We are hitting the slopes of Verbier. The sun is out, the snow is a bit melting (spring snow) and I'm ripping it on my snowboard. I have to, otherwise I can't keep up with the others. All the way to Mont-Fort (3330m above sea-level). I think this is the first time I hit the slopes so early.

13.30. Lunch, which takes one hour because of some ticket screw-up. After lunch it is the slopes again. But food in my stomach is making me lose my balance a bit.

16.30. Finally back from the slopes. Now we are just sitting on a terrace having a pint of beer. Beer is always nice after snowboarding.

19.15. After chilling and resting at the chalet, we are heading back home. The three of us are hungry and in need of some food. After discussing our options (pizza, kebab, McDonald's) we decide to pass by Montreux and find a pizzeria.

20.30. We find a pizzeria and order a fondue. This is my Valentine's Day dinner, spend with two other singles, another guy and a girl. Hey it beats last year Valentine's Day dinner.

22.30. Back at my friend's place. We watch a movie (Buffalo Soldiers), but I keep falling a sleep. Must be the tiredness and the beers and the weed. I'm tired and sleepy as hell.

So that is how I spend February 14th. Some other may have spend it differently. I didn't have a special date or even a girlfriend but it was a nice February 14th. But then again, most of my days are like that anyway. The saying is true for me, everyday is Valentine's Day.

"Happy Valentine's Day! Every day the 14th."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home