http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Most Embarassing Moment?


Before last saturday, this was probably the most embarassing moment:

During a party I met a nice girl. We started talking and I offered her a drink. She agreed and I went to the bar with her and ordered two vodka red bulls. The waitress came with the drinks and said "30 francs please". I opened my wallet and to my shock I could only find a 20 franc note. I rummaged my pocket looking for change and could only find an extra 4 francs. So I was missing 6 francs. I took the drinks, gave one to the girl and asked the waitress if she accepts credit card or a debit card. "We don't accept any card", she said nicely. I looked around and couldn't find anybody I know, so I had to turn to the girl, gave her the drink and ask if she has some change. Turns out she doesn't have any money at all on her. While I was thinking what I could do (there wasn't much I could do anyway), the girl then says "should I run away with the drink?". It sounded good, so she fled with her drink, while I'm still standing there with my drink and the waitress waiting for the money. What sounds good does not necesarilly turn out to be a good idea. I gave her 24 francs and said "I don't have anything more. If you want, I'll go get some money and pay the difference later". The waitress looked at me with disbelief, and at first didn't want to accept the idea. But after some hard begging, she agreed to just take the amount and forget about the rest. Then I had to find the girl again.

That was pretty embarassing. It taught me to check my wallet before offering nice fit girls a drink. Or have a back-up plan in case I don't have enough money. But what happened on saturday might have surpassed that.

After clubbing, I was driving this girl home. Nothing happened and at the moment there was no intention at all. In my car I had this mix-tape on. I made the tape about 7 years ago. It has cool songs on it, like Foo Fighters, Beck, REM, Blur, and other stuff. So as I was driving and talking to her, suddenly a new song came on. To my horror, it was Spice Girls' Say You'll Be There. Apparantly 7 years ago I found it funny to put in a Spice Girls song in the middle of this cool mix tape. Never knew it would bite me in the ass like this. There was this silence, before I said "wow, what are the spice girls doing here". She just laughed, but when I offered to fast forward the tape, she went "yeah, good idea." So there goes any hopes that I might have had with this girl. Stupid Spice Girls!

It happens to all of us, no?

"I'm giving you everything all that joy can bring this I swear.
And all that I want from you is a promise you will be there."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home