http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Slap!


I got slapped on my hand (metaphorically) by myboss today because I was on the internet all the time. I knew that when I moved desks I would get this. Before my desk was 'hidden' and he couldn't see what I am doing exactly. Now he just has to turn around and he'll see what I am up to (which has a 90% chance I am on the internet...). Oh well, so what? And it's better if it is said in my face than being talked about behind my back.

I just had to include this pic here. Don't know why. Maybe because it reminds me of my youth? Or maybe because these people were really famous at one time. If you don't know who they are, you're either born in the late 80s or even 90s. If you're not and you still don't know what this picture means then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Yesterday: Netherlands 1 - USA 0. Arjen Robben made a great goal after a nice individual action. And Johnny Heitinga had a good debut for the national side. Too bad Nigel de Jong didn't get his debut yet. The game itself was lacking a bit of passion, cause it is only a friendly. But coming back to Heitinga, he will definitely go to Portugal and is now the 3rd central defender (after Stam and Cocu but Johnny is definitely better than FdBoer at the moment). All he lacks is experience. A defense with Stam and Heitinga will be very hard to break down.

Funny thing about that game is, I was following it via a matchtracker on the US Soccer website. I had to leave, so I left my computer running with this website. When I came home, I checked the matchtracker and it said 0-0. I thought "damn, why can't we beat those Yanks?". Then I checked a Dutch site and on the headline it said that Robben helped Netherlands to victory. Turns out the US site forgot to update the score!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home