http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Friday, February 06, 2004

The way it is


I've been looking around for these CDs: Franz Ferdinand, The Stills, The Shins, Scissor Sisters and A selection of 31 Songs (if you haven't heard those bands, well frankly my dear, you are just unhip). Unfortunately I can't find them in CD stores here, which means I have to buy it via the internet. I don't have anything against buying form the internet, I just find it less personal. If I go into a CD store, I can pick it up, look at it, at some stores I can listen to it, read the linear notes and then get out my wallet and pay for it. On the internet I can't. No, wait. I actually can do all those things. It's just that when I leave the CD store I have the CD in my hand and I can put it on straight away, while if I bought it from the internet I have to wait at least 3 days. I'm not that patient when it comes to music. Although I've been waiting for more than 3 days for those CDs to appear in my favourite CD store. Heck, I'm gonna order them tonight from amazon. And here I thought I can make a case against buying from the internet.

It seems that 80s new-wave is back in. Stellastar*, The Rapture, The Stills, Hot Hot Heat, now Franz Ferdinand and Scissor Sisters. I guess they all grew up listening to The Cure, Duran Duran, Joy Division, Talking Heads and the likes, and this is the music the came up with. Which is cool, because I'm a kid of the 80s as well. It's a twenty-year cycle innit? So in 2014 expect grunge to come back from the grave. And in 2023 a new The Darkness...

Yesterday went out to the local. The first time in ages I didn't know anybody behind the bar. Weird. And on top, they gave us the wrong prices. They charges us more for a B52! Us, the loyal clients. The three guys always there. We're like Norm at Cheers or Barney at Moe's and they did that to us? He'll better give us some free drinks next time.

No links today. I'm too lazy to dig up the internet...

"People learn, early in their lives, what is their reason for being... Maybe that's why they give up on it so early, too. But that's the way it is."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home