http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Back To Reality


I wish reality was the life I was living for 6 days on Koh Tao. Unfortunately, reality for me is ol' boring Switzerland. After 3 more days in Bangkok I was back home then. In the cold and rain. What a way to get back down to earth.

Okay, holidays are over for me. But I did learn/notice a lot of new stuff while on holiday. Some of them:
1. Drink lots of mineral water with ion, not distilled water. It prevents dehydration, brings back the salt level, avoids cramps, prevents hangovers, etc etc etc. I learned this from 'Bomber', my dive instructor who was a chemist before (he explained it to me using a chemist language so it seems a good idea to drink lots of water).
2. Everybody travels with a rucksack/backpack. I only saw 2 or 3 people with a suitcase. And a rucksack is much easier to carry around.
3. Hitching around Ireland with a fridge is possible. Go read Round Ireland With A Fridge by Tony Hawks.
4. Some Aussie lingo: piker, tea, dry as a dead dingo's dinger.
5. Patpong is just weird/mad/funny/crazy/unbelievable...
6. Pot offenders in USA get worse punishment than murderers. Read Reefer Madness by Eric Schlosser.
7. You don't need a comfortable hotel to enjoy holidays.
8. Thailand is mad about ManU for some strange reason. They don't even play good football...
9. People do mix up Switzerland with Sweden.
10. Getting a tattoo done hurts a little...

That list can go on and on... But now I just want to chill out and pretend I'm on Koh Tao even though I'm in my living room and the outside air is blowing in at 4 degrees with no sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home