http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Friday, March 12, 2004

Bangkok


I finally got here. Bangkok. It's 32 degrees, with sun and pollution fog. Got to my hotel, which took 45 minutes cab drive from the airport. The cab driver didn't turn up his meter but charges me THB 300 instead. A quick calculation shows that that amount equals to CHF 10. So I said yes, because where I live a cab drive of CHF 10 will only get you to the end of the block.

My first impression of Bangkok, it looks a lot like Jakarta, where I grew up. Only it's about 20 years behind. The buildings are all dirty etc etc. But it looks like a friendly place. The cab driver was very friendly.

I've booked a diving course already at Koh Tao. I'll leave on sunday night, get there monday morning and will be learning how to dive for the next 4 days. What I'll do afterwards, we'll see.

I wanna put links, but since the internet is fucken slow you just have to google all the things I write.

Singha Beer is okay...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home