http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Sunday, March 14, 2004

Bangkok, pt. 3


It's 15.30 and I'm sitting in an internet cafe updating this blog. Actually, there's not much to update, it's just that it's so fucken hot outside so I went inside where they have air conditioning. Makes life a lot easier...

A fact about me: I don't like museums. Don't know why but I always try to avoid them when I'm on a trip. But today as I was walking I veered into the National Museum. Not to actually enjoy the art or history but because it is hot outside. I was trying to get to the river, but made a wrong turn. Instead of walking back, I just went into the museum figuring that it must have air conditioning. It did, so I stayed for a while. And they also have cheap food in the cafeteria (50 baht for noodles and beer. That's less than 2 chf, less than a quid, around 10,000 rupiahs, or about USD 1.50). So now I know that Thailand is a kingdom with a bloody history behind it.

Last night I went out again. Khao San looks like a market, it was full of everything. Veered into a club called The Club but it was nothing, so I went to Lava again. Nice place. I bumped into a crowd of girls celebrating somebody's 23rd birthday.

Tomorrow I'll be on a beach... Woohoo!!!

"why don't you talk in Thai?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home