http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Saturday, March 13, 2004

Bangkok, pt. 2


One thing is for sure, Bangkok is hot and humid.

Last night I went along Khao San Road and found a couple of places to drink. I was drinking beer and vodka tonic and suddenly the lights went on in the club. At 2 a.m. all the clubs close. Which was bad cause I was in the mood (from all the alcohol). Oh well, at least I did some (cheap) drinking.

Today I walked to the Grand Palace. Pretty amazing palace, with a golden thingy and all. Afterwards went to the temple near it, Wat Po or something to get a real Thai massage. It felt good, but tomorrow I'm gonna get another one. My body definitely needs a massage.

Whaddya know, Thai people are friendly towards tourists if they want something. When I was walking from the Grand Palace to Wat Po, a guy came up to me, started talking and said that Wat Po won't be open til 2, and that I should visit other temples. He offered a Tuk Tuk for a cheap price. I said "no, maybe later". And just around the corner from Wat Po, another guy came up and basically said the same thing. I just insisted on going all the way and found that the place is open. So even though they are friendly, don't believe a word they say.

Anyway, after that I went to the mall. Hahahahaha. I'm trying to be a backpacker, but I feel home in a mall. Only bought one CD but spend a lot of time just walking around in it. Just like my university years. Oh, I had lunch at Foodloft @ Central Chidlom. The place is really nice. Highly recommended.

Tomorrow I'm off to Ko Tao, so we'll see if I can still update my blog with my vacation adventure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home