http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

The Grey Album


The hottest item in music today: The Grey Album by DJ Danger Mouse. He mixed The Beatles' White Album with Jay-Z' Black Album, so that Jay-Z is rapping over Beatles' music. It's one hell of a record because DJ Danger Mouse did it really well. Unfortunately, this album never made it on a record label because he didn't do anything about the copyright. There were about 3,000 editions but they are all gone. Fortunately there is a thing called the internet. Just google it and you'll find it. This is the first time I downloaded a full album, believe it or not. I would love to pay for it, but I don't know where or who to pay. One thing is for sure, if you want to listen to the album, go look and download it yourself. I'm not gonna make any copies for you.

Manchester United is out of Europe. After gazillion times winning in the last minute it's about time they lost in the last minute. Well, they didn't lose the game yesterday but htat last-minute equalizer just did it. Although I don't like Porto either. Actually I don't really care about the Champions League anymore. Ajax isn't playing there anymore. Next year will be better.

Tomorrow I'm off for my 2 week vacation. Woohoo!!! I still have to pack though. Can't do it tonight cause I'll be out and can't do it tomorrow cause I have to work during the day. We'll see what happens. At least I'll be going somewhere for 2 weeks. Woohoo!!!

Oh and since I'll be gone for two weeks I have to bring some music with me. I have space for 20 CDs, so this is my preliminary list: The Grey Album - DJ Danger Mouse; Lapalco - Brendan Benson; Final Straw - Snow Patrol; Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand; Logic Will Break Your Heart - The Stills; Souls Sessions - Joss Stone; Stop All The World Now - Howie Day; 1972 - Josh Rouse; Stellastar* - Stellastar*; The Diary of Alicia Keys - Alicia Keys; OK Computer - Radiohead; Dear Catastrophe Waitress - Belle and Sebastian; Room for Squares - John Mayer; Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters; Satellites - Vega4; Love Is Hell pt 1 - Ryan Adams; Brushfire Fairytales - Jack Johnson; A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar - Dashboard COnfessional; Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys; and one suprise album (something I haven't listened to in a while). That should be enough no? I wish I have an iPod so that I can bring more music and no CDs. I'll get that iPod mini once it comes out here.

"Light up, light up
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be there beside you, dear."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home