http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Sunday, March 21, 2004

Last Day on Koh Tao


Yup, I will be leaving tomorrow morning on the 10.30 boat to Chumpon then the bus to Bangkok. It's just weird that I will be leaving this place, especially now that I'm having good fun and met nice people as well. Anyway, life goes on and mine is somehow back in fucken Switzerland.

I just wanted to write about how basic the facilities are here on Koh Tao. I'm staying in a small room, 4x4m with a 1.5x1.5m bathroom inside it. The toilet doesn't have a flush facility, you just flush it with water. No toilet paper or anything else can be thrown into the toilet. The shower only has cold water. There are two beds and then nothing else. Electricity only runs from 6pm to 6am, so from 6am to 6pm I don't have lights or cooling fans in the room. The lock is a padlock. Even though it's basic, I still survive and probably can survive longer. Everything around here is pretty much the same anyway.

Fortunately they have internet cafes otherwise I would be truly lost.

I'll be missing this island, the nice people I met and the cool places I hung out (especially Dry Bar during sunset).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home