http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, April 05, 2004

I'm Feeling This


I had an uneventful weekend. Friday went straight from work for drinks, dinner, drinks, friend's place, birthday party, and ended up at antidote. It was raining as well. Saturday I was sitting in antidote waiting for an SMS. When I got it, I started to move, only to get another SMS saying that it won't happen tonight. So called up a friend, ended up doing a pub crawl in Plainpalais with 6 other guys.

The first F1 GP in Bahrain was pretty entertaining. That is if you follow the cars in the middle. Up front there was no entertainment at all. Schumi didn't have to do much to bag this one.

I bought Blink 182's latest album. I got hooked on I'm Feeling This. Mark and Tom are just average musicians, they both even had to take singing lessons to be able to sing well (no shame in that, Chris Martin did the same). The songs are loud, a bit darker than usual. What (still) amazes me is Travis Barker's drumming. That guy is really good. He's quick, likes to move around, and keep doing weird - although consistent in timing - patterns. Lucky Blink 182 have Travis there, otherwise they would just be an ordinary punk band.

Michel Gondry is a genius. I got hold of his DVD. Gondry is a dreamer who can make his dream vivid. He uses film/video to show his dreams. And if it's not a dream, he comes up with something equally magnificent. Did you know that Kylie's clip (Come Into My World) has exactly one minute between choruses? Did you know that in Daft Punk's Around The World, each puppet is following a different instrument? Amazing stuff. Now I need to check out Chris Cunningham's.

"We fell short this time, smile fades in the summer. Raise your hand in mine I'll leave when I want to."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home