http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, May 03, 2004

Koninginnedag


I got back from Amsterdam last night. This morning was the first time I'm really sober for four days. Before it was just booze and parties. Well, what else do you expect when in Amsterdam?

Just a background story on Koninginnedag in Netherlands. On April 30, the country celebrates the Queen's Birthday by partying, having festivities and flea markets. However, Queen Beatrix' birthday is not on APril 30, it's on January 31. It's Juliana's birthday on April 30. But nobody wanted to party in January, so Beatrix said that Queen's Day will fall on April 30. Even though Juliana passed away. When Willem-Alexander becomes king, the date will probably move to April 27.

Anyway, got there on Thursday morning after spending Wednesday evening drinking and trying to send anonymous random messages to girls at the Sindy You Got Mail thingy. At night I went out with my cousin and some other friends and we drank so many Vodka's with drops of RedBull in it. Sweet!

Friday was the big party and I walked around to enjoy the festivities. The weather was nice as well, giving more enjoyment to the festivities. Everywhere there's a party. Everywhere it's orange. Everywhere people are having fun. I love this day. Add to the fact that I was still drunk when I woke up, and that I started drinking straight afterwards. I must've drank at least 5 liters of beer during the whole day. There was an ID&T party at Rembrandtplein, Rush at Amstelveld (highly recommended), people selling junk on the street for 1 Euro, beer, more beer, food, fun, sun, more music, etc etc etc.

Saturday was a bit chill. Watched Kill Bill vol. 2 (I'll write a review on that soon), went out afterwards. Sunday again, walked around a bit before catching my plane back home.

And Eamon's Fuck It (I Don't Want You Back) is slowly creeping into my head. Not bad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home