http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Thursday, May 06, 2004

McDonald's, Chelsea, Three wishes, etc.


Just had lunch at McDonald's. It's nothing new, I go there all the time. But today my meal cost me CHF 20.00 . Usually I go there and grab a small Big Mac menu for CHF 9.90 . Or my favorite combo of a Filet O'Fish Happy Meal plus a Big Mac (with a free toy, yippee!), which costs around CHF 13.50 . I don't think I ever go above CHF 15.00, but today I did. They now serve these salads that look really good. So I grabbed a Crispy Chicken Ranch Salad, plus a McChicken menu, which adds up to CHF 20.00 . Isn't it ironic eating a (supposedly) healthy salad at McDonald's followed by a McChicken?

Chelsea didn't make it into the UEFA Champions League final. Yesterday they had to win at least 2-0 at home against Monaco. They did get that score on the 44th minute when Frank Lampard doubled the lead that Jesper Gronkjaer build, but it only lasted 2 minutes. Jerome Rothen ran on the left side, put in a cross that was headed by Fernando Morientes. As the ball bounced back from the post, Hugo Ibarra nicked in to bounce the ball back in (with what seems to be his arm). That goal did it. Chelsea lost it afterwards and no matter how much money you put into the team, it's almost impossible to get back. Interestingly, from all the players bought by Roman Abramovich, only 3 of them started: Wayne Bridge, Joe Cole, and Geremi. Ranieri still believes in his own players. Although some would argue that Gronkjaer and Gudjohnsen should've been replaced by the new signing, given that they both missed absolute sitters. It can be said that this is a lesson that money cannot buy instant success. But who would have thought last year - before Abramovich arrival - that Chelsea will end up 2nd in the EPL and reach the semis of the Champions League?

"The child is grown, the dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home