http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, May 24, 2004

Monaco F1 Grand Prix


I first fell in love with Formula 1 in Monaco 1999. My cousin took me there and when I heard the engine roar for the first time on Thursday morning that was it. I fell in love. After that I became a fan of F1, following everything that is going on and attending other races. I went to Monaco again in 2000 and 2001. After two years of absence, I thought that it's about time I went there again. So I did. Again with my cousin.

We left home on Thursday, 11am. The road was a bit full as it was a public holiday and everyone was taking advantage of this long weekend. Since we were driving past Cannes, we figured might as well go into Cannes and see what the film festival is about. I missed Brad & Jen by a couple of days but there were other celebrities walking around. unfortunately I didn't recognise any of them.

That night was partying at Monaco. Parked the car on the main straight and headed to Stars n Bars. Tons of 'rich' F1 fans were there. We continued to Cafe Grand Prix at La Rascasse. All they had was expensive beer (10 Euros for a pint anyone?), but that didn't stop me from drinking. I was drunk obviously. It all ended when I had to puke because of the bad (and expensive) beer (Foster's). I just threw my head over the armco and I was puking on the Monaco circuit. In front of Ferrari's. Now I can proudly say that I puked on the circuit of Monaco, on the part where they are racing.

Friday walked along and looked around for stuff. I had a huge hangover.

Saturday we tried to get in without a ticket. In other circuits it works, but not in Monaco. So we just went to the beach and slept to the sound of roaring F1 engines going into the tunnel. There is no better sound to fall asleep with than F1 engines.

Around 4pm we drove to Nice, had dinner there and then drove back home. 5h7m after leaving a carpark in Nice we were back home. Went straight to Shakers to enjoy a typical night out.

The race on Sunday was a good one, by far the best of the season so far. Michael Schumacher losing it in the tunnel because of his own mistake. Trulli winning for the first time. Etc etc etc.

And when I came back to the office today, I realized that my boss won't be around until Friday. Can it get any better?

"I'm floating in you. So good to be true. I just want to be your..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home