http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, June 28, 2004

Czech Republic


A friend of mine, who apparantly is an avid reader of this blog, complained that lately I write too much about football and almost nothing about 'my evil adventures' (her words, not mine). Well, the thing is that for the past 20 days and for the next week I only have one thing in my mind. Euro2004. Especially since Holland is still in it and now officially have a 25% chance of winning it. So if you are indeed interested in 'my evil adventures' just wait after the 4th of July. That's only a week from now.

Anyway, the Czech Republic showed us why they are favourites, trashing Denmark easily 3-0. I had some money on 3-1 so for the final 20 minutes I was fretting, hoping that the Danes somehow score a fluke goal. Unfortunately I was not intended for the 100 Euros from the bookie.

Amazingly, during the game the Czechs had about 40% of the ball. That's close to how much the English had against Portugal. While the English were thoroughly outclassed, the Czech showed how to use the ball effectively. It also helps having Gronkjaer doing the Gronkjaers in the Danish side.

After 16 days of constant football everyday, there will be 2 days without football. Aaarrrggghhh, what to do what to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home