http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Dido



Friday night I went to the Montreux Jazz Festival to see Dido and Phoenix. Some of you who don't know anything about Montreux Jazz Festival are probably asking, what the hell is Dido doing at a Jazz Festival? Well, she's doing the same thing Korn is doing this year, performing. It started out as a jazz festival, but now it has grown to become a leading music festival. It's even mentioned in Deep Purple's Smoke On The Water.

Anyway, I should probably not admit to liking Dido, but I do. Her music is simple and totally MOR (middle of the road). Maybe it's one of my guilty pleasures but then again I listen to Robbie Williams as well. Oh well, I don't care.

Phoenix opened for her. I really like Phoenix, they're a really cool band. Three years ago I was a bit too late to watch them at Caribana, so this time I made sure I was on time. I got there just as they were about to start. Their music sounds a bit from nowhere (in a good way), maybe because they're French but singing in English. Too bad only a portion of the crowd were interested in them. For a while, I was more interested in watching Phoenix than Dido (even though I only found out that Phoenix supported Dido after I bought my tickets).

When Dido came on stage, the hall was full and jampacked with 30-something english speakers looking for a easylistening concert. Which was exactly what Dido gave. With songs like White Flag, Thank You, Here With Me and Life For Rent, it is a perfect Friday night date concert. Unfortunately I didn't have a date, I was there with friends.

Anyway, I always knew that Dido was fit. You can see that in her videoclips. What I didn't know that she was really fit in real life. And not supermodel fit but friend-from-university-who-lives-accross-the-hall fit. My type of girl. During the concert she played guitar once in a while and for one song she played the piano. So she's fit and has musical talent. Then during her in between song chats, she just sounded like a normal girl with a wicked sense of humour. So she's fit, has musical talent and is wickedly funny. I am in love now.



And when you're in love, you go home and do whatever people in love do. I did just that and went to her website. Turns out that she likes football (apparantly an Arsenal fan, rumours was it that she is dating/dated Alan Smith). So she's fit, has musical talent, is wickedly funny and likes football. I have found my perfect girl. If ever I can pick my girlfriend/future wife, it will have all these ingridients. Hell, if I can pick her I'll pick Dido, thank you very much.

"I wanna thank you for giving me the best day of my life"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home