http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Friday, September 10, 2004

Bomb


Thursday was a day off here. Just this city, not the country. Don't ask me why, all I know is that I can sleep longer and do nothing the whole day (when in fact at work I do nothing as well for most of my time, but still...). Anyway, after a long Wednesday night, I woke up a bit early on Thursday. I turned on my computer to read about the Holland vs Czech Republic game. 2-0 Holland, woohoo!

I switched to a Dutch newspaper site to read more about the game. Then I saw big news that a bomb exploded back home. Damn. It's on the business district where I know a lot of people who work there. I chatted to a friend and he explained the situation. I look at some websites. I send some text messages. Then I went to sleep again until 1 o'clock.

On one side it's terrifying that a big bomb explodes like that back home. On the other side, I guess I'm a bit used to it and as long as I know everyone is okay, I'm fine as well. I don't know why they detonate bombs, but it's not the first time. Nor will it be the last time.

Does this make me a pacifist?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home