http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, September 27, 2004

Viareggio


Last Thursday 8am meet up to go to Viareggio until Sunday. A long weekend by the beach, filled with sports, sand, sun, alcohol and parties. And it was indeed all 5 of them.

We left early so that we can enjoy the area a bit. We went straight to the beach, dipped in the nice Mediterranean Sea and then went on to Castiglione di Garfagnana, somewhere close to Castelnuovo di Garfagnana. One guy has a family house there with a restaurant and a small hotel so it was a nice break for city dwellers like me. It absolutely felt like I was in the Corleone house/village. Amazing food - although I couldn't get past the primata plata. And the grappa was very very smooth.

Friday off to Bagno Arizona in Viareggio for the tournament. Suddenly it started pouring down as if it was the last day on earth. We kept on playing anyway. At night there was a small party which ended up with 2 broken plastic chairs. Playing musical chairs while drunk is fun. I did impress a couple of people with my ability to try to sit down, lose my balance and fall down without spilling one drop of beer from the full glass that I had in my hand.

Saturday the weather was amazing and wonderful. We played the whole day and lost all the games. But the important bit is the party at night and there we won it in style. Me, I ended up drunk with Stan The Man and R-A-Y talking about God knows what and being pulled into the bus by my mates at the end of the night.

Sunday the weather was still nice, we finished our games and headed home only to be stuck in a 1,5 hour traffic jam. Reason for traffic jam? Merging of two lanes into one lane due to some works. Typical Italian traffic.

Got back at 3 in the morning but it was definitely worth it.

"Go on take everything, take everything, I want you to"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home