http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, November 29, 2004

New Computer

Last Thursday I just bought myself a new computer. It is a PackardBell iMedia which was selling really cheap at fnac. It even included an HP printer/copier/scanner/coffee maker. Finally a real computer, a Pentium 4, 2.9 GHz, 512MB RAM, 160GB HDD, DVD-ROM and DVD DL writer, smart card readers, and a flat screen. Much better than my old Fujitsu, 4 years old, Pentium III 600 MHz, huge ass screen, upgraded don't know how many times.

So yesterday my mate came along and he unpacked and installed the whole thing (he was more excited about the new computer than I am). After much plugging and unplugging (and heavyhartedly checking the manual once), we got it all working. That thing is now much much better than what I use to have. Woohoo!

I got it pre-installed with Windows XP. But besides that it didn't come with much. I'm aiming to use freeware or software I've paid for. For the moment I already have Firefox for my internet browser. iTunes for my music (it came with my iPod) which also gave me Quicktime. OpenOffice for my MS Office documents. MSN messenger and Yahoo messenger for my chat stuff. Picasa as my picture editor. AVG for my anti-virus. And right now I'm playing Football Manager 2005 demo version. I'm still looking for other freeware - that way I won't be guilty of pirating any software. I just need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader and Eudora for my e-mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home