http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, November 15, 2004

What if?

I watched Sliding Doors on DVD yesterday. If you haven't seen it, it's about this girl in London (Gwyneth Paltrow with a shoddy British accent, pre-Chris Martin) who got fired from her job (for 'borrowing' six bottles of Smirnoff I might add!). While returning home, she ran to catch the Tube. Then the story splits in two, one where she catches the Tube and the other one where she missed it.

It's one of those "What if?" movies. In the movie it turns out that she will experience everything, only it is in a different order and involves different emotions. It's one of those movies that makes you think "Have I ever missed the Tube?". And if you did, would your life be different?

I don't think I have ever missed the Tube. But then again I don't live in London and I've only been there twice. However, I might have done something unconsciously that might have change something in my life. Trying to find out, that is the hardest bit. I mean, my life is not a Hollywood movie. Nobody is recording, then rewinding it and editing it. There's not much use for "What if's" in life is there. It's all done and the best thing you could do is just to make sure that next time it doesn't happen.

There's a thousand of What-if's in my life and maybe my life would have been different if for some reason I did the other option.

What if I stayed at my old job and not leave home?
What if I took that Ecstasy pill that I had in my hand in 1995?
What if I went to that Sting concert in 1994?
What if I got accepted at NUS?
What if I had scored the winning goal in the intercompany football match?
What if I did snog that girl in university?
What if I didn't go to Amsterdam?
What if I got caught driving by the cops last Saturday night?
What if the band I was in stayed together?
What if I hadn't have that dream when I was 4 and then went into my uncle's car instead - the one that had an accident?
What if I don't have a blog?

On the other hand, I guess I still end up like what I am today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home