http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, December 20, 2004

Wheel

At the end of summer I bought used winter tyres from a colleague who was leaving the country. I thought I had a bargain when I bought four 16' winter tyres with aluminium rims. For the first time I will be using winter tyres during winter. At least that's what I thought.

A week ago I went to the garage to get my tyres changed. The guy looked at my winter tyres and said that the tyres are gone and that I need to buy new ones. He said it will be slippery if I don't. What the fuck is that all about? I just left the place and decided to put them on myself. How hard can it be?

So on Thursday I parked my car in the parking lot and started to change my wheels. I changed 3 of them easily without a problem (in about 20 minutes) and then I came to my rear right. For some reason it just wouldn't come off. I unscrewed every screw and it is still stuck. I tried kicking it, it still won't come off. So I sprayed it with a healthy dose of WD-40 hoping that it will come off soon.

Yesterday me and my mate tried taking it off again. We used hammers, hot water, everything else imaginable, and it still won't come off. It's as if someone superglued my wheel to the disc. Unbelievable. So now I have to bring it to a garage to get them to do it. One thing is for sure, I ain't going back to the first garage.

"All the lonely people, where do they all come from?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home