http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, February 14, 2005

Losing

I went to a tournament this weekend. In the pool games we won 2 and lost 2 but what pisses me off is that we lost both games by one single point at the last moment of the game. And then to make things worse, both teams went all the way to the final while we had to content ourselves playing for 5th spot (which we duly got). Now I know what it feels like to lose in injury time. And it's not that great feeling.

I still don't understand how we lost it. We played well on both matches but we just lost the edge on the last minute of the game. Unbelievable. Maybe we are too nice of a team. Maybe we are not assholes enough during the game. Note to team: need to psyche ourselves up more during the game. Make them feel that we are winning the game, that we are confident.

I guess I just found out the art of losing.

On another note, I lost out for U2 tickets. They were on sale this morning at 8. I logged on to the website just before 8 and it said 'reload'. So I reloaded and reloaded, I even had 4 browsers open, but I couldn't get through. I got through once but by the time I browsed through the website stopped and went back to the front page. After 45 mnutes of trying I raced to the mall to go to the ticketbox. They opened at 9 with an announcement that the tickets are all sold out! AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH.

Now my only hope is ebay. Damn.

Oh, yeah, Happy Valentine's Day to you as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home