http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Friday, June 10, 2005

It's Mine Now

After 4 years and 48 payment installments, the black Golf IV GTI 1.8T is finally all mine! Never expected to have this car for such a long time, but it has lasted very well. It's still runs smoothly.

It's been through 67.000 km. Trips to Amsterdam, Milan, Maranello, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, Nevers, Canterbury and all over Switzerland. I already changed 6 tires. Two electric components for the windows. A wheel bearing (front right). Two brake pads and a brake disc. All the services up to 60.000km. A pair of windshield wipers. Three lightbulbs.

It got stuck in snow a couple of times. Hit the kerbs. Hit a car. It has scratches here and there. Hit other objects.

It has been driven not just by me but by my mates, my cousin, my girlfriend.

It has reached a top speed of 230 km/hour.

It's the car I used to do my license test in Switzerland.

I think I might wash the car today.

(image is of my car, taken when it was very very new)

"So remember when we were driving, driving in your car
Speed so fast I felt like I was drunk"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home