http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Friday, July 15, 2005

I Was Bono's Doppelganger


If you like music in general then this is a good book. If you like music and ever dreamed or even tried to make it in the music industry then this is a great book. If you're a music nut and a U2 fan then this book is excellent!

It's definitely worth a read. Neil McCormick's friendship with Paul Hewson (also known as Bono) and their parallel lives is greatly captured in this book. Lots of funny stuff and also his personal tragedy trying to become as famous as Bono.

Can you imagine being in the same school as U2? Having played a gig with Larry Mullen? Having a brother who tried out for U2? Having a band and sharing a stage with U2 in school? Then still keeping contact with U2? Being there at U2's first ever gig? Being there at U2 biggest gig? Still being able to call Bono anytime - even though he is a trillion times more famous and successful than you are?

I can imagine what it's like being Neil. To a certain point I can relate as I have mates who are now famous (although not Bono-famous). And if I was in the right place at the right time (or if only I could sing!) then it could have been me instead.

What? Do you say I'm just daydreaming? Maybe I am.

Maybe I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home