http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, April 10, 2006

Arranging music

We got a new CD cupboard on Friday. It fits around 650 CDs. So Sunday became my "arranging my CDs" day.

It's a hard task, arranging the 500+ CDs I have into 24 drawers. I was trying to make each drawer a genre and then sorting it by artist and then by album. It took me most of my Sunday and even then I sort of gave up at the end.

As it is now I have these genres:
  • U2 and Radiohead (I have all their albums and they all fit nicely into one drawer
  • Artist influenced by the 80s (The Killers, The Bravery, etc)
  • British bands influenced by Britpop (Hard-Fi, Kaiser Chiefs, Blur, etc)
  • Singer-songwriters (Josh Rouse, Ed Harcourt, etc)
  • American bands (Dave Matthews Band, R.E.M., etc)
  • Grunge (Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden)
  • Emo (Weezer, Jimmy Eat World)
  • Female (Dido, Jem, Corrine Bailey Rae, Norah Jones, etc)
  • Electronica-ish (Massive Attack, Zero 7, etc)
  • Bands from other countries (Phoenix, The Raveonettes, etc)
  • 80s (Duran Duran, Tears For Fears, etc)
  • Old stuff (The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, etc)
  • Dance (my DJing stuff)
  • and some unfinished drawers...
At the same time I tried updating my iTunes library.

I still have a long way to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home