http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, September 11, 2006

Five Years Ago

It's exactly five years ago when 9/11 happened. It's an event that has changed the world. It even affects my normal living (getting visas, getting on board a plane, etc).

It's one of those events that has that "what were you doing when it happened" question eternally attached to it. I still remembered what I was doing at the exact moment.

I was sitting at work, in my office which I was sharing with 2 other guys. Suddenly at around 3 pm my colleague gets a ring from someone and then he tells us that New York is under attack. Seconds later another colleague comes into our office and tells us that a plane crashed into the WTC. Since our work revolves around the airline industry, this news became a hot topic for the remainder of the day. I frantically tried to open news websites to read what is happening but almost all news sites were down. Some colleagues huddled around a radio trying to hear what is going on from the local news. We basically didn't do any work for the rest of the day. When I got home I turned on the telly and then realised what exactly happened.

So that was what I was doing five years ago. I'm sure almost everyone in the world can tell their story as well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home