http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Thursday, January 18, 2007

So Come On Baby Cover Me

I've been listening to Coverville's podcast quite a lot lately. It's a nice podcast, made as a hobby by a guy called Brian Ibbot somewhere in Colorado, the U.S.ofA. The podcast is about 40 minutes long and plays songs that are covers of other songs. Sometimes you get to listen to an amazing cover and sometimes you get to hear the awful ones as well. I like it and I get to hear (some) new cover songs as well in the process.

At the end of 2006, Coverville did a Coverville countdown where people go on the website and choose their favourite cover songs. The most favourite cover song is, unsurprisingly, Johnny Cash doing Nine Inch Nails' Hurt. But one song, listed in the Top 10, caught my attention.

It started all folky, with guitar picking not unlike Jack Johnson, and then he started singing the first line "I like big butts and I cannot lie". I started giggling as the original song brings back lots of memories.

Anyway, you can buy that song from iTunes, if not go to the artist's website. His name is Jonathan Coulton. It's done very well and definitely worth at least a listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home