http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, February 19, 2007

Babel

I finally watched Babel yesterday. I have to say that the movie is pretty impressive.

In the bible, the story of the Tower of Babel is about people trying to built a tower that will reach up to the sky. God told them to piss off and created languages so that these people couldn't work together to build that tower. Not sure why God was pissed off, but voila, the bible said so.

In this movie, a gun given to a Moroccan hunter guide by a Japanese created consequences for an American family and their illegal Mexican nanny. It all stems from miscommunication and misunderstanding. But over the course of the movie, all those conflicts are actually making the people involved closer to the ones they were bickering with before.

I can't write too much about it without giving too much away, in case you haven't seen it. And if you haven't seen it, go watch it.

On another note, this morning must be one of my unluckiest ones. I tried to fix my vespa tyre with a quick fix solution but ended up with a flat tyre and lots of rubber mousse on my fingers instead. Then I grabbed my bike and realised it also had a flat tyre. So I had to walk the 10 minutes to work instead. How annoying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home