http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Verbier

Last week I went away with my girlfriend to go up to the mountains and to enjoy a bit of snowsports. We rented a chalet in Verbier, a well-known ski-resort here in Switzerland.

At first I was a bit afraid that there wouldn't be enough snow as the winter has been crap so far. When we got there Saturday all my fears were confirmed as there wasn't any snow in the resort, only high up in the mountains. On Sunday we hit the slopes and even though it was a sunny day the snow was not good.

Then a miracle happened. It started snowing.

From then on, the snow was just amazingly beautiful, almost perfect for a snowboarder like me. Shame that the weather itself was cloudy all the time and I barely saw any sun while boarding, but at least there was some good snow, some fresh powder. I was loving it.

Getting away for a week is also very nice. Felt like I was away for ages.

But tomorrow normal life resumes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home