http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Luxembourg, Easter

My work these days involves a lot of contact with people in Luxembourg. So it is no wonder that I had to go there last week for work. Yes, Luxembourg.

It's actually a nice place, Luxembourg. It's set in some hills and forests and the town (or village?) has a very medieval but yet modern feeling to it. On Wednesday I had a chance to explore a bit, mainly because I was hungry and was looking for a pub that showed Champions League football. I walked from Place D'Armes in the center towards Montees de Clausen. There I walked downwards and you can see the old city in the valley on both your left and right side. Pretty amazing views. I stopped at a pub called The Tube and had a pint of lager. Unfortunately they didn't had any food, so after I downed my lager I headed downwards. There I found another pub, called Britannia Pub. They had microwaved cheeseburgers so that'll do. Plus beer, a couple of televisions and a crowd of Man Utd and Chelsea fans. I was happy watching the game there and drinking a bit. After that I walked along Rue Neudorf back to my hotel.

It's a nice place but don't expect much of it.

As for the Easter break, I didn't do much. Pretty much stayed here but it turned out to be a very nice Easter break. All my friends were here as well, the weather was absolutely amazing and there were lots of things that were done. Hope you all enjoyed your Easter break as much as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home