http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Rememberall

I've been reading Harry Potter again - hopefully in time for the last book, The Deathly Hollows. If you have read the book (or watch the movies) you will know that Neville Longbottom is very forgetful so his nan send him a rememberall once.

A rememberall in the world of wizardry is "A glass ball the size of a large marble. In its default state (when nobody is touching it), a Remembrall is full of white smoke. When picked up and held in a person's hand, a Remembrall will glow scarlet if there's something the person has forgotten to do." (from the Harry Potter Lexicon).

In real world, there are many times when I need a rememberall. Unfortunately, they don't sell rememberalls at the local supermarket. I have tried remember the milk on the web, but that didn't do me any good either because I forgot to log on to the web when I needed to get my list. I have tried using my phone, as it has a notes feature on it. But it takes too long to type in what I want remembering.

The best thing is still a sticky note, or as commonly known a Post-It. I think it's one of the best inventions ever. I just write what I need to remember, stick it onto my wallet and I have it wherever I go. I make my shopping list on it, my to do list, everything. One of these days I might end up like Milton on the poster of Office Space.

Anyway, what was I writing about again? I forgot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home