http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, June 11, 2007

Macy Gray at Caribana

Last Saturday was the first night of my summer festivals / concerts. The first festival of the season is Caribana, a nice little festival by the lake. In the past I've seen names such as Phoenix, K's Choice, Moby, Nickelback, Natasha Beddingfield, Supergrass, and even Tom McRae here. Not bad for a festival that lasts 3 days and can only hold up to 7,000 people per day.

This year I went to see Macy Gray. I know she's a bit over the hill already (having climbed it very very fast in 1999) and I saw her already at the height of her fame (in 2001) but I was curious to see what she's like these days.

So she got rid of the big hair. She still has that squeaky voice. She still seems to be getting high before concerts. Seems a bit off, but always managed to pull back at the right time. She's entertaining in a way.

Suddenly she throws in Justin Timberlake's My Love, resulting in her squeaky voice trying to follow Timbalands beats but not quite getting it right. She sang I Try to the delight of the crowd (although she herself seems to be bored of singing that song). And after an hour she went off, without an encore.

Oh well, it was good weather, the beer was flowing and the food was about right. I enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home