http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Smoking weed in Zug

Last weekend I had the nationals in Zug. It's a nice little town (or a big village, depending on how you look at it) by a lake, surrounded by picturesque mountains. It's famous for being a tax haven in Switzerland as this canton/federate has the lowest income tax rate. So lots of rich people from Zurich tend to have a home here in Zug.

On Saturday night we went to this cafe by the lake where the party is. We sat outside on the benches and when I looked around, I realised that the clientele of this cafe were almost all smoking weed. I believe the laws of smoking weed is quite relaxed in this part of Switzerland, but there was one table that surprised us.

On this table were sat a family. Daddy, mommy and a bunch of kids between the age of 12-17 (my guess). The Dad then rolled up a big joint, lit it up and then passed the joint to the kids. So here we are watching a 12-year old kid puff away on this big joint. The joint kept going around the table, being passed from parents to kids. Then after a while the kids left, with the biggest kid holding this huge joint, where I assume they will smoke it.

I remember the first time I smoked weed, that was back in university (I was on holiday in Amsterdam), and was down on the couch at my friend's place after 2 puffs.

I'm not sure it's healthy for the 12-year old kid to be smoking weed already, I'm inclined to say that it's bad parenting, but voila what can I do? I'm sure my friend (you know who you are) will tell all the psychological and physiological effects this 12 year old is having by smoking weed with his dad and how his future is going to be.

It'll be interesting to see this kid 20 years from now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home