http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Duran Duran - Red Carpet Massacre

I just got Duran Duran's Red Carpet Massacre. Before I say anything else, here's a disclaimer: I'm a big Duran Duran fan.

Anyway, on the cover there is a sticker saying "Featuring Falling Down, produced by Justin Timberlake, co-written by Duran Duran & Justin Timberlake". This is the Justin Timberlake who was born when Duran Duran was on top of the world. Funny old world eh?

I'm listening to it right now and it sounds very Timbaland-ish. No surprise as Timbaland produced a couple of songs. And Duran Duran are always best when working with the current hottest producers as they did with Nile Rodgers back in the 80s. I just feel that the actual music is diminishing a bit and it's all synthesizers and programming. Sure, back in the 80s they were heavy on synths as well but I can still remember some great John Taylor basslines and some Andy Taylor guitar riffs.

At least it's not as bad as their previous albums (Astronaut, Pop Trash, Medazzaland), although it's nowhere near their top work. But hey, once a Duran Duran fan always a Duran Duran fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home