http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The best concert of 2007

I've been lucky with the concerts I've seen in 2007. I've got to see some big names this year and enjoyed almost all of them. The Rolling Stones, The Police, Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, Muse, Bjork, Macy Gray, Beastie Boys. It's very hard to chose the best concert as they all have good bits and memories.
  • Seeing Keith Richards alive playing the blues while Mick Jagger bosses the band he's been with for 40 years is absolutely priceless.
  • Watching the dynamic trio called The Police ripping the Stade de Geneve up with their amazing skills, as if they never fought and separated.
  • Bjork's ethereal performance at Paleo which left me speechless most of the time and breathless some other times.
  • Listening to Muse doing prog rock while big white balloons are flying over the crowd.
  • Jumping and screaming to Sabotage as Beastie Boys took me back to the days.
  • Alex Turner singing to his peers about current sub-culture.
But best of all must be Arcade Fire. There are not a lot of times in my life where I am in a concert where I felt that the performer was not just playing music but actually giving out their souls to the crowd and it all blends into one with music as the medium. That's how I felt watching Arcade Fire. I even got goosebumps. Not by how good their music is or how good they entertain me, but by how amazing their performance is as a whole package. I've seen a lot of concerts in my lifetime but Arcade Fire has shown me how to perform live. All of them switching instruments, running around like being high on E, but still combining together to create an amazing vibe so that the audience can feel their experience.

And for that, Arcade Fire's concert at Paleo 2007 is the best concert in 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home