http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Mother of all Hangovers

Last Friday I went out with my mates to celebrate something.

I was picked up at 18.00, went to the pub in time for Happy Hour. Between 18.30 and 19.45 I downed 3 pints of my beloved Heineken. Then went to a Korean restaurant and had some all-you-can-eat meat grill thingy. I must have had at least 3 Hite beers, a girlish cocktail, a Grappa as a digestif and the owner gave me a glass of Taiwanese rose liquer as well.

Then went to a bar I used to frequent a lot (a lot, at least 3-4 times a week) in my younger days. Had a couple of Sambuca shots and some vodka tonic. Just like my good old days, I fell a sleep. After that one of my mates challenged me for an uphill run. He though it'll be good for me to get some air, I just thought "I'll beat his ass". I did beat his ass (even though I was practicaly incapacitated) but then followed it by puking as if I just won the Iron Man race.

We then continued the journey to a club that used to be the club I used to go to. It used to be this dark and camp place but they moved and the darkness and campness have gone, sadly enough. Anyway, somehow I woke up and drank more Vodka Tonic and shots. At one moment I fell asleep again. My mate woke me up at about 4, then drove home but stopping at Sloppy Joe's to get a burger.

The next day I had to force myself to get out of bed at 12 to walk the dog. My head was pounding, cold sweat was pouring from my head and everything that went into my mouth came out again. It truly felt like the mother of all hangovers, I don't think I ever felt hungover like that, it was painful. I walked the dog quickly then slept again and was only human again at around 17.00 when my girlfriend came back in after doing lots and lots of errands.

That night I went to see Quantum of Solace and had a Guiness while watching it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home