http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Paleo 2009, here I come

Yesterday I got my tickets for Paleo 2009. I got myself the weekpass because there are many acts that I want to see: Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand, White Lies, Snow Patrol, Moby, TV On The Radio, The Ting Tings, The Gossip, Placebo, Prodigy, Amy McDonald, Pete Doherty (if he ever makes it), Charlie Winston, Cold War Kids and Santogold. Ok, some of them may have passed their best (yes you Moby) but nonetheless a great line-up.

But half of my motivation does not have to do with music at all. It has to do with food. Because at Paleo you can eat amazingly good food from lots of food stands. It's not just your regular festival hot dog and lukewarm beer. I will have some duck liver curry, or some hot fondue (a hot dog bun filled with melted fondue cheese), or malakoffs (deep fried cheese), or rat sticks (I think it's chicken but could be some other animal on a stick, grilled), or liver sandwich, or spring rolls (amazingly good when you're drunk), or even Indonesian food. And I will wash it down with cold beer or cold rose.

If the weather is wonderful, it will then be a wonderful week for me. Especially now that I live around the corner from this festival...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home